Zimbra Collaboration Suite (ZCS) is an Open Source, collaborative platform for email servers, developed in two editions, Open Source edition (Free) and Network Edition (Paid), that offers services such as LDAP, SMTP, POP, and IMAP, web mail client, calendaring, tasks, antivirus, and anti spam, among others.
Installing Zimbra Collaboration Suite Open Source Edition on a CentOS/RHEL 8 server is outlined in the steps below.
The host name and MX record must be resolved by the external DNS.
Step 1: Install Packages
# yum -y install unzip net-tools sysstat openssh-clients perl-core libaio nmap-ncat libstdc++.so.6
# setenforce 0
3. Set Hostname:
# yum install wget # hostnamectl set-hostname mail
4. Set the local machine hostname and FQDN to point to your server IP Address
# echo "192.168.0.14 mail.xxx.xx mail " >> /etc/hosts
5. To disable and erase postfix service
# systemctl stop postfix # systemctl disable postfix # yum remove postfix
6. Now install Zimbra Collaboration Suite.
7. After the download completes, use unzip command to extract the archive file.
#tar xfz zcs-8.8.15_GA_3869.RHEL7_64.20190918004220.tgz # cd zcs-8.8.15_GA_3869.RHEL7_64.20190918004220
Start Zimbra installation process by launching in execution the installer script file named install.sh
9. It will ask you to install the Zimbra packages, press Y to install all.
10. For set admin password, press 4:
11. Now it will take some time to complete all configuration.
Last Update: May 19, 2022