Artificial intelligence has become an important part of the development industry. Nowadays, AI tools are most popular among developers, and they are reshaping the development industry very fast.
With the use of AI tools, the repetitive tasks and routines of developers are automated, useful opportunities are found, and the overall process of development is reduced.
Compared to other applications AI is becoming more popular, and AI has become an advantage for developers as they can create new applications faster than before.
Now that the market for AI has made development easy for programmers, it is increasing rapidly.
In this blog, we will give you information about the latest and best AI tools that programmers can use to quickly create applications. These tools can modify the app development process. These tools can automate complex operations to enhance user interfaces with natural language processing technology.
Table of Contents
Here is the list of the 7 Best AI tools for software developers.
1. Sourcegraph Cody — Supercharge Your Code Writing Ai tools
Cody AI is generated by Sourcegraph, an AI assistant designed to speed up your coding process.
Machine learning is used by Cody to read, understand, and answer questions about your whole codebase, documentation, and code graph. They declare that it’s a tool that’s able to make you and your team ten times better at creating software.
Features of Cody AI
- Navigating Code: Simply ask for its location, and it’ll track it down.
- Language Translation: Cody possesses the ability to provide autocomplete suggestions for individual lines or entire functions across a wide range of programming languages, configuration files, or documentation.
- Identifying Code Issues: Like a pair programmer, it spots everything from edge cases to poor variable names.
- Debugging Assistance: Share a code snippet and ask for a fix. It handles the rest.
Best For: Helpful for teams working with large and tricky codebases. The time spent navigating and understanding the code is reduced by Cody, which allows developers to focus on crafting the code rather than decoding it.
Alternatives: You may also explore Mutable or Codium (for test-writing purposes). And, of course, there’s GitHub Copilot, although it’s considerably more limited than Cody, and we’re uncertain about the release date of Copilot’s successor.
2. Stepsize AI — Your AI Project Mastermind
Stepsize AI is a collaboration tool that keeps you updated and outcomes happening across your team. This AI assistant serves as the ultimate project archivist and task manager, seamlessly integrating with platforms such as Slack, Jira, GitHub, and more. This tool eradicates information overload and the miscommunication that often disrupts your productive hours.
Features of Stepsize AI
- Unified Tool Insights: It captures every action, update, and decision, discerns significance, and shares essential insights.
- Rapid Responses, Zero Meetings: Stepsize AI delivers instant answers to any query, saving you time and meeting hassles.
- Eternal Knowledge Repository: It observes and contemplates activities across all your ai tools, using this wealth of information to furnish precise and insightful responses.
- Data Privacy at the Helm: Privacy Command Center, where you have full control over your data, ensuring AI doesn’t need any training.
Best for: Stepsize AI is beneficial for agile software project teams, including product managers, Scrum masters, software engineers, and DevOps professionals. It’s useful for remote teams where project tracking and communication can be difficult.
Alternatives: To the best of my knowledge, there’s no other AI companion that facilitates profound collaboration. You might want to explore these daily standup ai tools, which are designed to keep everyone aligned and informed.
3. Mintlify — Automated Documentation for Developers
Mintlify streamlines the process of code documentation, automating this task to save you precious time. Seamlessly integrating with your preferred code editor, Mintlify swiftly produces comprehensive and meticulously organized documentation for your code. By installing the Mintlify Writer extension within your editor, you can witness the effortless generation of detailed documentation for your functions. Mintlify is purposefully engineered to comprehend your code’s context and generate pertinent descriptions, even deciphering “human-readable” method names. This efficiency and precision have garnered praise from developers across a spectrum of programming languages.
Features of Mintlify
- Mintlify for captivating document visuals.
- Swift, comprehensive document creation.
- Enhance user engagement through document optimization.
Best for: For developers and teams seeking efficiency in documentation and code readability enhancement. It excels when clarity and precision are paramount, particularly in complex function scenarios.
Alternatives: You can also explore Visual Studio Code and Git.
4. Adrenaline AI — Understand any codebase
Adrenaline AI is a lightweight tool that acts as a guide for your codebase. It’s a coding AI for developers. This is a tool that is designed to know your codebase and acts as an expert consultant available at your beck and call. You can easily get insights into how features work or find out the implementation of anything. It cuts down on time spent looking for solutions elsewhere.
Features of Adrenaline AI
- Easily figure out the codebase in seconds.
- You don’t need to have an account to try Aderaline.
Best for: Where fast orientation and understanding of code are common needs. In situations where there is a high developer turnover rate or when onboarding new team members, it can be a game-changer.
Alternatives: If Adernaline doesn’t meet your requirements, consider exploring Relicx, Zipy, and Highlight.
5. Grit.io — Your Automated Technical Debt Manager
Grit.io is an intelligent utility designed to simplify the process of code migrations and dependency upgrades. Leveraging the capabilities of artificial intelligence, this robust developer tool takes on the responsibility of handling your technical debt by automating time-consuming tasks such as code migrations and dependency updates. It excels at creating pull requests that adhere to best practices and comes equipped with a built-in radar for identifying any regressions. Grit.io has the remarkable ability to transform what was once a resource-intensive challenge into a manageable and even routine task.
Features of Grit.io
- Grit can automatically create pull requests to address technical debt cleanup, simplifying the process.
Best for: Grit.io is best for teams dealing with legacy systems and frequent code migrations. It is a lifesaver for businesses attempting to keep up with changing technologies without losing track of their ongoing projects.
Alternatives: Non-AI tools such as our Stepsize Tech Debt management tool can help large teams and modern enterprises and scale-ups track and manage tech debt effectively.
6. What The Diff — Your AI-Powered Code Review Assistant
Introducing What The Diff, an AI-powered tool made for software developers, aiming to improve code review efficiency and facilitate team communication.
Tired of the endless back-and-forth in code reviews over minor adjustments that could be handled automatically? Enter What The Diff. This AI-driven assistant empowers teams to craft more comprehensive pull request descriptions, expedite review processes, and ensure that all team members, regardless of technical proficiency, stay well-informed. Simply leave comments on the lines of code requiring refinement, articulate the desired changes, and watch as What The Diff suggests those modifications directly within the pull request. Moreover, the tool can generate concise pull request summaries, free of technical jargon, ensuring everyone remains up-to-date.
Features of What The DIff
- Instant Code Refactoring: Use “/wtd” in your pull request comments, and it will execute the changes with a single click.
- Pull Request Summaries: Transform code differences into easily digestible summaries suitable for changelogs or sharing with others.
Best for Teams frequently engaged in code reviews and merge processes. The automatic refactoring and summarization capabilities are particularly valuable for larger teams working on intricate projects.
Alternatives: If What The Diff doesn’t quite meet your requirements, consider exploring Planar or Whipsr as potential alternatives.
7. Otter — Your AI Meeting Assistant
Enter OtterPilot, the all-in-one solution for recording meetings, transcribing conversations, capturing presentation slides, and producing concise summaries.
At its core, OtterPilot boasts a cutting-edge AI engine that excels in comprehending and documenting meetings with exceptional precision. It seamlessly records meeting audio, performs real-time speech transcription, and adeptly captures presentation slides. Users can actively engage by adding comments and highlighting crucial points during the meeting. After the meeting concludes, OtterPilot goes a step further by automatically generating and emailing a comprehensive meeting summary. This feature simplifies the process of recalling, sharing, and taking action on essential information.
Features of Otter
- Automated Meeting Notes: Seamlessly joins and records meetings on platforms like Zoom, Teams, and Google Meets.
- Automated Slide Capture: Effortlessly captures and integrates presentation slides into the meeting notes.
- Automated Summary: Efficiently generates and emails meeting summaries to all participants.
Best for: Any team grappling with an excessive number of meetings and individuals seeking to reclaim valuable time spent catching up on meeting details.
Alternatives: If OtterPilot doesn’t quite meet your needs, consider exploring similar tools like Fireflies.ai, Clara, or Voicea, which offer comparable functionality.
In conclusion, the world of software development is rapidly evolving, and AI tools are playing an increasingly significant role in shaping its future.
From code generation and debugging assistance to automated documentation and code review improvements, these AI tools are here to augment our capabilities and make the development process smoother and more enjoyable. As we continue to witness advancements in AI and machine learning technologies, it’s clear that staying informed about these tools and incorporating them into our workflow will be essential for keeping up with the ever-changing landscape of software development. So, embrace these AI tools as valuable allies in your journey as a software developer, and let them help you create software that pushes the boundaries of what’s possible.